Probe for Windows: Suggestions for 2008 Vista Upgrade
A major upgrade is required to enable Prwin to work under Microsoft Vista.
When this is done, suggestions from users for new features could be included.
Email any suggestions or comments
- Make drip/non-drip site specific (choice currently applies to all sites).
(Need a better term: non-cyclic/cyclic; drip/flood; continuous/at-intervals)
- Prwin calculates 3 separate irrigation schedules (date/amounts) based on...
But a grower just needs just one recommendation - so allow for one of these to be selected as the recommendation printed on reports.
- Calculated DWU
- Estimated DWU
- Historical DWU
- The effective gain from an irrigation or rainfall to be calculated for all three root zones (currently only done for RZ1)
- All keydata values in the last column to be available for site (text) reports. (currently these values are only available on graph reports)
- More critical dates for use in formulas (fruit-set, bud-burst, veraison, etc).
- Automatically change 'post season' if user navigates to a season.
(A possible problem with this is that a user could be simply looking at darta from a different season, but wants to post new readings to another season.)
- Varying upper and lower limit (Full/Refill) and dwu lines to plot over entire season.
This feature would also allow total-water-required-for-remaider-of-season to be calculated.
- Depth graph - adjust the full and refill VSW values by by selecting and dragging VSW points on graph.
- Time graphs - simplify process of plotting key data items. (?)
- Simplify editing strategy (target) lines.
- Simplify overlay last years time graph.
- The graph style used to plot RZ1 from previous season can (currently) be selected.
But if plotting keydata items from a previous season, the graph style of each keydata row for all previous seasons sites must be changed.
So allow for 'last-seasons' styles to be from a single, user-selected, site./li>
- Output delivered to grower in html format via web site.
- Output in Google Earth kml format e.g. Blenheim, NZ
- On-line backup to web server. Monthly charge if using rsne server.
- Automatic emailing of prwin.ini, error log files, etc to rsne.com.au for support.