Probe for Windows Upgrade Notes
These notes are for upgrades earlier than v 1.0.200 - see
here for later versions.
22 November 1999 Version 1.0.199
- PostGains - Automatic calculation of effective gain - choice of PDWU or
EDWU now available on form
- PostReadings - Automatic calculation of effective gain - choice of PDWU
or EDWU now available on form
- PostReadings - Error when also posting gains - EstDWU was
set equal to gain amount
- ReadingsMenu/Scheduling - Current state - if the last irrigation was
'flood' the date and amount were incorrect.
- SitesMenu/Where - Choices simplified to configure where criteria for
- SiteGDWU - A formula in a report referring to
SITEGDWU now uses site-specific formula (if present)
- SchedulingReport - Fuel gauge symbol height - text on option buttons
reversed ; Note about units at end of report made optional; number formatting when
printing to file
12 November 1999 Version 1.0.198
- Backup - Fix of problem backing up from a network drive, with
- AccessJr - V 1.0.4 - fix of same problem when compacting.
- ImportPR41 - Extra data fields in SITES table created - fix of problem
after ImportPR41 user had to use EditSeason/Advanced/CheckMDBFile.
- GraphPreview - print setup button removed (use FileMenu/PrintSetup
8 November 1999 Version 1.0.197
- FileMenu - Number of recent files at bottom of file menu increased to
- Starting PRwin - The name of an ALLSEAS.MDB file can be included on the
command line. Prwin will start if an ALLSEAS.MDB file is double-clicked in Explorer for
allseasn be chained with
- ProbeMenu/SystemOptions - MDB file where FARMS data is stored can be
either in the current ALLSEAS.MDB file, or in a nominated MDB file.
- SitesScreen - Farm drop-down only shows the farms which have sites in
the current season
5 October 1999 Version 1.0.196
- GraphReports - Graph scale values saved correctly as variables
TXMIN, TXMAX, TYMIN, TYMAX
- GraphReports - Reports can be chained with
- Farms - data field for STATE was not in database and was removed
1 October 1999 Version 1.0.195
- About/Splash - Layout and logo changed
- Readings - Calculation of total water used with
@CUM() function starts accumulating from Planting Date,
and fix of error with
@RATE() in column 1
- Readings - Column widths and row heights as set by user saved
- Readings - Fix of part of right hand column partly obscured
- Season/SitesScreen - Name of data file added to window title bar
- GraphsPrintPreview - Print from 'graph preview' removed
- Graphs - fix of problem when plotting vertical bars
23 August 1999 Version 1.0.194
- Date of LastBackup - fix of problem with format of last backup date in
19 August 1999 Version 1.0.193
- NewSeason - Intermittent error when copying data from an existing
season data file
17 August 1999 Version 1.0.192
- FinalExit - Intermittent error 'QueryUnload: Object does not support
this property' fixed (finally, we hope)
- PostGains - When posting from file, if to the same site the amount can
be totalled or averaged.
- Backup - Only MDB files will be compacted before zipping
- Formulas -
- ReadingsMenu/Average - Readings posted as separate tubes can be
8 August 1999 Version 1.0.191
Readings screen rewrite with coloured columns.
- Readings Screen - Set colours with ReadingsMenu/Options, and user adjustable
column and row size
- FileMenu/Export - Serial number reports (SN.RPT and SNSITE.RPT) lists probe
serial numbers used at each site. User needs to regenerate the list of serial numbers with
<RefreshSerialNumberList> before running report.
- FileMenu/Export - General SQL queries allowed
- FileMenu/Export - Column widths specified in cm and not characters.
Any user written reports will need editing to change width in charadters to cm
- FileMenu/Export - All items in report definition files separated with a
~, and not a comma
- ProbeMenu/PostReadings - Re-formatting of post files from IBIS
- ReadingsUpdate - Error with 'deficit' calculation after posting gains
(required a 2nd Update)
- Backup - temporary file TEMP.MDB is deleted before compaction
- Trace file - Prwin version number added to trace file
- Variable NULL - will return nothing when used in formulas
- FinalExit - Intermittent error 'QueryUnload: Object does not support
this property' (still a problem !! - fixed in 1.0.192)
- Graph/Summary - Summary information refreshed automatically as sites
22 June 1999 Version 1.0.190
New reports and overlaid graphs added.
- FileMenu/Print - GAINS.RPT report added
- FileMenu/Print - Readings report added
- FileMenu/Print - Irrigations Historical Report added
- FileMenu/Print - Irrigations Schedule Report added
- FileMenu/GraphReports - Overlaid graphs enabled
- Readings - In 'Counts' mode, counts displayed as raw data but all other data now
- Help - Context sensitive help enabled
- PR41 Import - Fixed error with data file existing (introduced in
- Graphs - Small change to exact position of text and text wrapping on
graph screen and reports
- Graphs - Fixed error with Global/Local scale
- Graphs - Space between symbols and text increased
- Exit from Prwin - Intermittent error when quitting on slow PC (possible
- Backup - Fixed error on disk 2+ prompt message when using muliti-disks
12 May 1999 Version 1.0.189
- Graphs - Multiple graph re-plots to screen after using graph menus (needs
- AccessJr - Problems with 'create new databases'
20 April 1999 Version 1.0.188
Note: v1.0.188 compiled on VB4 service upgrade
- Graphs - Total crash if no readings - (calculating status of last water content)
- Backup - Both Backup and Restore allow user to select destination drive and
directory. This allows a file to be restored to a different sub-directory.
- Farms - The farms can be in a separate MDB file, nominated in
Use SeasonMenu/CheckMDB files after changing the farm file
The MDB file needs to contain the table 'FARMS' - use AccessJr to create databases
and copy tables
1 March 1999 Version 1.0.187
- PostReadings - Altering site numbers - Sites that are not in the Lookup
file are not logged as an error
- PostReadings - Site numbers altered before sorting (Diane/Southcorp)
- Backup - When 'Restore' used, user is prompted for the name of the ZIP file
- Backup - File to backup is changed if the user changes the 'Post Season'
- Graphs - readings update before plotting graphs (Graham/CIC)
1 Jan 1999 Version 1.0.186
- Graphs - 'Planting Date' at end of 'Plot last 30 days etc' combo list (inserts
- Export - Sub-menu to allow user to choose report definition file
- Export - 'LONGTIME' format for irrigation amounts in time units
- Update - Error with pdwu calculation if last column/event is not a probe
- SplashScreen - Remains on screen for 5 secs, or untill all season files
have been checked
- GraphsFieldLists - Load error if 'FITEMS.TXT' is edited using Notepad
- Export - List of reports refreshed if a new RPT file is created.
22 Dec 1998 Version 1.0.185
- Upload - strip line number from header line with 8 cals
- PostReadings - errors posting flood gain while posting readings
- Readings - select bottom row of readings screen with mouse
- Graphs - reduced number of screen re-plots after using graph menu (not complete)
12 Dec 1998 Version 1.0.184
- Save data - save readings made optional on ProbeMenu/SystemOptions
- Printing/Dongle - dongle checked 4 times before reporting 'no dongle', (and new
dongle driver), to attempt to avoid problems when printing. (not yet verified)
- Update - calculations on readings screen (
@CUM(), @RATE()) enabled
- Uploading and Posting - fix errors when using 'old' hydroprobes with 8
calibrations(not yet verified)
- Graph Reports - errors with predicted dates with 'TimeGraph&PR41summary' and
23 Nov 1998 Version 1.0.182
- Update - automatic effective gain calculations correctly handles a negative
23 Nov 1998 Version 1.0.165
- Irrigation time - LONGTIME format allows entry and display of irrigation times longer
than 24 hours e.g. 36:30. Used on TextBoxes on PostReadings, EditSite and Scheduling
- Readings screen - hide ID and selected rows; fix bug when switching to 'counts'
- Express Post - now goes to Post after uploading.
- Groups - multi-select for sites in EditGroups
- Graphs - Units (mm/day) not displayed when plotting ProbeDWU on Root Zone 1 line
- Scheduling - Emitter/dripper information added to calculate total delivered
- Post Readings - post the number of tubes that have been averaged to a user
nominated keydata row
- Alter Post Readings - fix problem when more than 50 items in lookup file
19 Nov 1998 Version 1.0.151
- Backup - Zip and Unzip included in main programme
- Readings screen - ReadingsMenu/DeleteColumns has user entry of criteria for
deletion of columns
- Sites screen - Selection enabled on sites screen
- Graphs - Remove GraphMenu/TimeGraph/PlotAll lines (also on GraphOptions
- Readings screen - New column type of 'FloodIrrigation'
The following features and functions are still to be implemented in V 1.0.- All Done!!!!
- Gains Report - printed report of total delivered and effective rainfalls and
irrigations for each site (1.0.190)
- Readings Report - printed version of readings screen - all readings or
- Allocation Report - same as PR41 allocation report. Required amounts of water
that needs to be delivered in next 14 days; and also historical analysis of whole
- IrrigationImport - optional combine amounts if posting to same site (v 1.0.192)
The following problems and bugs have yet to be fixed.
- Graphs - 'double refresh' after leaving GraphMenu (see v 1.0.185, 1.0.189 )
- Graphs - buttons not being redrawn (intermittent) - seems to be associated
with low memory.
- Graphs - buttons left inactive(grey) [fix: re-plot using GraphMenu]
- Readings - errors after changing site definition using SiteMenu/Edit (fix is to
- Readings - 'overflow' if scrolling too fast using scroll bars.
- Graphs - Using 'GlobalScales' gives problem with time graph settings (no 'DATE')
- Readings/Graphs - Data or Graph settings not saved if switching between screens
- EditSeasonFiles - 'Error' when loading file if in date format mode
- Update - A readings update is not taking place automatically (see v 1.0.187)
- Sites/Scheduling - If water is below refill and 'use today'=false, Prwin predicts
an irigation date of 31/12/1899, instead of displaying 'Below Refill'.
- Sites - data duplicated on sites screen. The data on the readings screen is
correct, but on the Sites screen it appears on the correct site and the site below. (Fixed v1.0.200)
Send bug reports to email@example.com
The following features have been requested for future versions.
- Crops - A crop will have many of the attributes of a site (eg Lower and
Upper formulas, historical crop water use file). A crop can be allocated to a site, and
the site will then 'inherit' all the features of the crop, which will save having to
re-enter formulas, etc.
- A Stage file, similar to dwu files, that will allow graphing of crop
- Graphs - print the 'fuel gauge' from the scheduling screen on a graph
- Graphs - saving to a file (WMF and JPG) and to clipboard
- Update - non-linear dwu to predict the next irrigation (correction depends on
soil water content relative to Full/Refill - Ksoil)
- Web support
- Irrigation scheduling and recommendations exportable as web pages.
- Graphs to be exportable to web (GIF or JPG)
- Entire zipped data files to be emailed as attachment
- TRACE file to be emailed as attachment for support
- GraphReports - additional graph reports to be separate GPT files. Reports to be
chained. (implemented 1.0.204)
- Post Irrigations - ability to post multiple irrigations at fixed time
- PostRains - ability to post rainfalls from a weather file.
- PostIrrigations - ability to calculate mm delivered from site water
- Move Sites - ability to move sites between DATA.MDB files (will
go in AccessJr)
Send other requests or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org