Probe for Windows Upgrade Notes
Status at 20 Nov 2012 - latest version is 1.0.246
Upgrade Notes for versions earlier than 1.0.200
Known problems and bugs
Features requested for release 2
- indicates new or amended feature (as against a bug fix that should never have
been there in the first place...)
20 Nov 2012 v1.0.246
- SitesMenu/Import - Import new data only - fix of bug with date rounding.
- SitesMenu/Edit - fix of bug with site name in list box when adding a new site.
- FileMenu/Register - chaged to allow Chinese unicode for password processing.
9 Oct 2008 v1.0.245
- Install - Installer changed to INNO to allow installation on Vista/W7.
6 Aug 2008 v1.0.244
- FileMenu/Registration - (Vista fix) - new password required. 30 days allowed before registering.
- FileMenu/Registration - Owner details can be changed by users (checksum not used in OWNER.OW2 file).
8 Dec 2007 v1.0.243
- GraphMenu/GraphStyles Plot Upper/Lower [bug] - fix of bug introduced in 1.2.234 when plotting varying limits.
- Groups [bug] Only sites in a group in the current season will be output.
26 July 2007 v1.0.242
- ProbeMenu/PostReadings - A new group with the same name as the post file can be created each time readings are posted.
- ProbeMenu/Groups - Sites in a group can be sorted, and will be processed/printed in this order.
Use <Shift> and <Ctrl> to select multiple sites in both 'sites in season' and 'sites in group'.
Show farms will show farms/ranches.
8 Jan 2007 v1.0.240
- Fomulas - [bug] =Rate() fix of bug introduced in v1.0.232
23 Aug 2006 v1.0.239
- FileMenu/PrintGraphReports - [bug] Preview form - next/previous not disabled when on last site.
- ProbeMenu/PostGains - [bug] always in 'pause' mode after posting to a site with 'gains in keydata rows'.
21 Aug 2006 v1.0.238
- GraphMenu/Options - 'position tab' maximum number of ticks per cm settable by user.
17 Aug 2006 v1.0.237
- Graphs - Full/Refill/Maximum lines show actual value as well as label. Minor changes to text size and positioning.
- Graphs - Plot latest shading and colours - see FAQ: Plot latest.
5 Aug 2006 v1.0.234
- GraphMenu/Options - 'position' tab. Time graph date axis has both month and day. Change to plotting full grid lines.
- GraphMenu/Styles - New options to show 'value' on last point and on legend.
- FileMenu/PrintGraphReports - 'printer' tab. Margins (default = 1 cm).
- GraphReports - A Gauge 'SOURCE' can be used to plot *any* item.
Align=1 displays as 'bucket' of allocated water, reducing as season progresses. See Format for GPT files
- GraphMenu/Styles - 'Maximum' line label always plotted for keydata items. (Previously linked to 'left label')
- FileMenu/PrintGraphReports - [bug] hidden axes not printed on page 1, but appearing on page 2+.
- GraphMenu/Sort - [bug] dragging through 'sort' menu triggered 'make full'.
- ProbeMenu/PostReadings - [bug] posting a gain cleared 'site selected'.
- (Compiled on RSNE5)
8 Mar 2006 v1.0.233
- GraphMenu/Options - date format for time graph axis.
9 Feb 2006 v1.0.232
- PostReadings - fix of bug when time entered as keyadata item in Hydroprobe.
- @LKV() function - fix of bug with parameter defaults.
- New Site - default 'site-to-copy' = 9998.
- Command line - only MDB file as ALLSEAS.MDB in command line.
1 July 2005 v1.0.231
- GraphMenu/Options - Last Season and weather - automatic calculation of date offset; automatic change style of last season.
- SeasonsMenu/New - Automatic set of 'last season' when creating a new season by copying an existing season.
- ProbeMenu/Upload/Settings - Allow COM1 - COM50 (for USB ).
- Update Root Zone - Allow a root zone to be above top depth; or below bottom depth; or between depths.
- Update - Field 'RZ1START' = value of RZ1 at start of season. Season net gain= RZ1START - CRNTAMT
- FileMenu/Export/Readings bug - field names, full and refill values not sent to cdl file.
18 September 2004 v1.0.230
- SitesMenu/Import - Support for Enviropro soil moisture and salinity system.
30 August 2003 v1.0.229
- SitesMenu/Import - Support for Campbell, CIMIS, EIT, Decagon; Automatic post gains when importing.
- Deph+Time Graphs on screen - Ctrl+Arrows (or using VCR arrows) locks the first profile selected (difficult to describe - try it and see...)
- Depth Graph - [bug] PWP profile plotted with correct style (19).
18 October 2002 v1.0.228
PostReadings - Support for Adcon portable M-Probe;
fix of bug averaging short tube and long tube.
18 October 2001 v1.0.225
PostReadings - Automatic post gains if negative PDWU
- TimeGraph - Prediction line plotted horizontally for drip.
- Root Zone Totals - fix of bug introduced in 224 if root zone limit is same as sensor depth.
- ReadingsMenu/Scheduling - fix of bug if no readings.
8 October 2001 v1.0.224
- Trase - support for importing from Trase; optional correction for waveguide length.
- Predict Drip - Fix of bug displaying irrigation hours if value negative.
- Root Zone - fix of bug if root zone contains only the first (20cm) reading.
- Import - fix of bug importing to existing columns (on the same day).
- PostReadings - allow date in post file to be in d/m/yy h:m format.
- PostReadings/Diviner - <Upload> to run Diviner Utilities.
- Reports - fix 'new page after break' bug.
27 August 2001 v1.0.223
- Graph Styles - new styles for time graphs 'Full', 'Refill','PWP', 'Upper' and 'Lower'.
- Graphs Shading between latest/refill and latest/full; 'date' printed vertically at top of profile; rain/irrigation bars offset when entered as keydata items
- Import - Import keydata items from file, with option of posting to same day (e.g. water meter readings).
- Scheduling - Option of keeping water content at Average(Upper,Lower) (not just between Upper and Lower).
- ProfileProbe/HH2 - fix of bug with number of readings in post file header line.
20 July 2001 v1.0.222
- Formulas -
@DIFF(), @ADD(), @ACC() calculations with successive values on readings screen (details) - e.g. water meter values
Wetted area - Provision for using wetted area to calculate effective depths from irrigation volumes (details); new data fields
WetWidth on ReadingsMenu/Scheduling.
- GainsInKeydataRows - gains plotted correctly when option chosen on GraphMenu/Options 'plot delivered' etc
- GraphReports - new commands
Orientation - allows multiple graph reports to be printed for each site.
- HH2+ThetaProbes - support for multi-columns in lookup file to allow individual ThetaProbes to be posted to the same site (details).
- PostIrrigations - fix of bug when posting irrigations in 'Volume/Emitter' units. Re-fix of bug if total number of emitters > 32000.
- Blank Values - Values that are not valid displayed and printed as '-' (and not -32000); predicted dates where RZ1 below Lower shown as '< Lower'
- WinFax - Opens fax number dialogue if 'WINFAX' in device name
- CreateNewSite - fix of bug if copying a template site if the template had not been 'upgraded'.
- AverageReadings - fix of bug if serial number not used
24 May 2001 v1.0.221
- ReadingsExport - Fix of bug with not printing Serial Number; first page header had wrong farm name.
- TimeGraphs - Fix of bug with units (mm/ins) not being shown on rain/irrigation bars.
- ReadingsScreen - Fix of bug entering irrigation amounts if the area or delivery rates have not been entered for the site.
21 March 2001 v1.0.220
- Readings -
Shift+<Update> updates whole season
- Keydata formulas - A separate name allowed for formulas, with syntax +EDWU*7:WeeklyET:DWU
- FileMenu/Export/Preview - Copy to clipboard
- PostGains - Fix of bug if total number of emitters > 32000; remove messages when posting to keydata rows
- FileMenu/GraphReports/Preview - Preview to different scales; copy to clipboard
- FileMenu/Licence - licenced options displayed.
21 March 2001 v1.0.219
- ProbeMenu/PostReadings/Diviner - Ability to delete selected CSV files
- FileMenu/Export/Readings - Optional output of SN, SiteNumber (to file); fix of bug printing multiple sites
- ProbeMenu/PostGains - Fix of bug with m/d/yyyy date format
10 February 2001 Version 1.0.218
- ReadingsMenu/Scheduling - New method to calculate required amount for
drip (see details); Sites in list box to improve navigation.
- SitesMenu/Edit - Ability to choose irrigations
saved in keydata rows; enter Yield for SeasonSummary.
- ReadingMenu/EffectiveGain - The value of DWU that will be used is
shown in the menu.
- ProbeMenu/PostGains - The gain amount can be in units of
- FileMenu/Import - New import format codes
to import CIMIS weather station files.
- New Variables -
available - see formulas for details.
- ReadingsMenu/Display/Irrigation - Display irrigation amounts in mm
(ins) OR Kl (gallons) OR Time OR Kl/emit. Also allow user entry on readings screen in
- ReadingsScreen - User not allowed to set a column to be 'Full',
'Refill' or 'PWP'; correct display of 'counts' when displaying ins/ft.
- GlobalFormulas - fix of bug when the result is <1 (0 added before
- Delta-T Profile Probe - Fix of bug uploading in PR1 format (again);
Site Identification with 'Device'.
27 January 2001 Version 1.0.217
- Reports - New irrigation reports that include the delivered and
effective amounts of water delivered to the site since the last irrigation. (RIJKS1.RPT
- Reports - New irrigation report with amounts calculated from CIMIS
ET0 * Kcrop, with output per Ha and per emitter (NAPA.RPT) .
- Scheduling -Delivery. Vine row spacing, emitter spacing and
emitter delivery rate saved with each site, so that total delivery per emitter can be
- New Variables -
LIRRDAMT, LIRREAMT, LIRRDRAIN, LIRRERAIN,
ROWSPACE, EMITSPACE, EMITRATE available - see formulas
- DisplayUnits - New category for emitter delivery rate
(default = litres/hour). Note: emitter spacing is displayed in the same units chosen for
- Update - If a gain was in the first column the error message (Date
Error in col 0/nn) is now stopped
10 January 2001 Version 1.0.216
- Update with Flood irrigations - fix of problems if a flood is last
column or first column.
- Delta-T Profile Probe - Fix of bug uploading in PR1 format
- Post Irrigations - fix of bug with 'year' when importing from Agriplas
5 January 2001 Version 1.0.215
- Delta-T Profile Probe - Allow just 'PLOT' letter as site
identification; allow lookup file to have comments
- Diviner - Allow lookup file to have comments.
15 December 2000 Version 1.0.214
- SoilTension - Equivalent soil tension can be calculated and
displayed with formula
- Delta-T Profile Probe - Choice of site identification is: Plot
or Plot+Sample or Plot+DeviceID
- PostGains from File - If site is not in lookup file the error message
can be suppressed. Fix of problem when importing and site is not in the lookup file (Gulf
import at Chiltern). Fix of problem saving user setings..
- CheckDataBase - Fix of bug if an
file instead of a
2000DATA.MDB file is
entered at SeasonMenu/Edit datafile:.
- Formulas on Readings screen - A formula can be entered with an '='
=RZ1/7 to get average VSW in Root
6 November 2000 Version 1.0.213
- Delta-T Profile Probe - Uploading from HH2 portable reader ( HH2 application note ). Uploading and conversion to standard post
file format can be done on either...
- ProbeMenu/Upload - use Settings to choose port and 'HH2'
- ProbeMenu/PostReadings/PR1 tab - can also 'Get HH2 Status'
- Express Upload
- NewSeason - fix of problem with error messages when creating new
- UploadCNCProbe - conversion of upload file only done if CNC type
- SitesScreenConfiguration - bug fix if screen defintion changes are not
- Diviner2000 - bug fix of extra siteID with no data in post file.
17 October 2000 Version 1.0.212
- ReadingsMenu/Options - Row width and column height can be entered as
a number. Column widths and row height limited when using drag on readings screen.
- PostReadings - Diviner, CNC and PR1 - posting serial number made
optional with check box. List and edit Diviner csv files added. A new post file name
automatically generated for Diviner.
- GraphReports - adjustments to Depth&Time&CIC report layout.
- FileMenu/Export/IrrigationHistory - Fix of bug if tube position not
entered. Fix of bug if delivered amount=0 mm
- GraphMenu/Styles - List of style names refreshed if style name changed.
- GraphMenu/FieldLists - Fix of bug when creating a new field list.
- GraphMenu/SetStyles - fix of bug when removing local max and
min scale values.
6 October 2000 Version 1.0.211
- GraphMenu/Styles - Fix of problem with 'plot upper limit in RootZone1
- ProbeMenu/PostReadings - Fix of problem if Diviner backup directory or
disk is removed
- FileMenu/Export/Readings - Fix of problem of printing %TAW (if chosen
24 August 2000 Version 1.0.210
- NewSeason - 'New season' options made visible when user chooses
21 August 2000 Version 1.0.209
- ReportColours - HTML-type hex coding allowed to define colours.
- Reports - right align numeric code allowed for text alignment in
graph and text reports.
- NewSeason - fix of error introduced in 1.0.206 when copying last season
8 August 2000 Version 1.0.208
- Security - New electronic security system allows Prwin to be used
without a physical dongle. Licenses can be issued by email or fax.
- PostReadings(CNC) - Manual conversion of CNC post file enabled.
- Diviner 2000 - LastPostDate enabled.
- Delta-T ProfileProbe - Upload file format made same as HHRead
format. (still waiting for HH2 to test upload).
- PostReadings - SerialNumber=0 posts readings as 'manual entry' data (no
25 May 2000 Version 1.0.207
- Upload - Ability to upload from Delta-T ProfileProbe
- PostReadings - Ability to import and post readings from
Diviner2000 (see Diviner2000 application note ).
- PostIrrigations - Fix of lookup file error when importing from
Gulf(Agriplas). Lookup column positions no longer automatically set.
- SaveReadings - fix of error message when saving fixed data (full,
- Export/Print - fix of error when printing 'selected' sites.
15 May 2000 Version 1.0.206
- Backup - Faster exit from Prwin when confirming backup because drive
A is not checked first. Backup option defaults to 'Manual'.
- GraphOptions - Some options were not being saved under all
circumstances. (This was 'fixed' before... so could still be a problem !)
- FileMenu/Export/Sites - The actual report that is run when user
chooses 'SITES', 'IRRIGATION', 'GAINS' or 'SerialNumber' can now be customised on
- FileMenu/Export/Any - All report definition files (C:\PRWIN\*.RPT)
are now listed under menu 'Any'
- Calibrations - If user changes a calibration option (eg 'Use Count
ratio' method) the calibrations are re-loaded correctly; fix of readings screen problem
when using option 'Count Ratio method'
- GraphStyles - The graph styles file (default='
can now correctly be changed to be an valid filename (8.4 format) e.g.
- NewSeason - Fix of 'zero-length string' error when using early version
of 'PRWIN.MDB '
- PostReadings and Upload - Support for CNC neutron probe (see
- ChineseFont - Slight adjustment to font width to allow Chinese
characters on graphs and reports (no effect on 'standard' character sets) .
- ErrorMessage - Problem with 'Type' not found' message fixed .
18 April 2000 Version 1.0.204
- Language - All text used in menus, screens and messages moved to a
language file, to enable non-english languages. Language specified on
- ScreenDefinitions - Extra screen definition files with extension
SPT in the Prwin directory are made
available to the user. Screen definition
- SitesMenu - new menu item to choose screen definition (Note: there is a
problem with calculated fields when changing screen definitions. The fields are
correctly calculated when the programme is restarted)
- GrapthReportDefinitions - Extra graph definition files with extension
GPT in the Prwin directory are made available to
the user. Graph definition file
supplied. Standard graph report definition file
re-organised to provide more reports e.g. Annual Summary, Latest
- GraphPrinting - Internal change to font size to speed print. (
Font.Size changed to
- EditSeasonFile - Vertical scale automatically set as a file is loaded.
5 April 2000 Version 1.0.203
- Reports - New variables -
RZTEXT2 and RZTXT3. to print root zone definitions e.g. '0-130cm'
Latest values for root zones 2 and 3 also available in variables
- GraphStyles - Ability to hide right-hand axis - needed when displaying
list of all VSW's.
19 March 2000 Version 1.0.202
A permanent wilting point column (optional) has been added. Although the feature was
added at the request of some users in the Napa Valley who report water status as 'PercentTotalAvailableWater'
(PWP=0%; Full=100%; Refill=40% (say)), it could be generally usefull for wine grapes that
are often stressed below 'refill' and a marker at 'PWP' is needed.
To plot the PWP profile on a depth graph, use
(The colour, etc of the profile is set at and
use Style Number 19)
To plot the PWP line on a time graph use ,
choose 'RootZone1', and set the option 'PlotPWP'.
- Readings/Graphs - Ability to display and graph the VSW and RootZone
values as a PercentTAW. Readings Menu re-organised to allow selecting display mode.
- Readings - Optionally include a Permanent Wilting Point
column on the readings screen. Activated with ReadingsMenu/Options.
- DisplayUnits - Various problems fixed when using depths in 'feet'.
- GraphStatus - Values in status bar at bottom of screen were incorrect
if non-metric units were selected.
- GraphStyles - Plot PWP option added (use in 'RootZone1' style). For
depth graphs, style 19 is being used to control the PWP profile - it will need to be
edited by users. Error fixed if 'automatic colour' was chosen for shading
- GraphOptions - option to plot PWP profile on depth graphs.
- Readings/Graphs - Ability to 'make PWP' added to popup and main menus.
- Reports - variable 'PWP' used in a report definition file will return
the value of permanent wilting point (in mm)
10 January 2000 Version 1.0.201
- Readings - Delete columns before or after a given date now deletes
- PostGain - When posting a flood irrigation the amount can be
blank.(Prwin does not need the amount for a flood irrigation)
- Groups - Error fixed if all groups, including 'LATEST', are deleted. If
the 'LATEST' group has been deleted, it is correctly re-created when posting
- Season files - Changes to improve speed of loading and calculation
- DisplayUnits - Set 'd/m' or 'm/d' default date formats added.
12 December 1999 Version 1.0.200
- Sites - fix (hopefully, at last) of problem of duplicated data on sites
- PostReadings - Fix of problems when posting to sites that have a
different number of depths ('long tubes' and 'short tubes'). This was a major change
internally, but there should be no difference to user. Posting stopped at beginning if
dongle not present.
- PostReadings and PostGains - The estimated DWU now correctly picked up
from either the global DWU, or from a site specific formula set at
- Graphs - Fix plotting 'number of days between irrigations', problem
with 'ProbeDWUonRZ1'; 'units' display on graphs. Date formats for depth graph
legends and labels now user settable on GraphOptions/Formats
- Readings - Date format correctly set on ReadingsMenu/Options.
Same format used in 'GoTo Date' list boxes.
- Uploading - Removal of silly feature to automatically revert to PRINT
LP mode if no comma on incoming data.
- PrintExport - Radio buttons to choose sort field; sort saved in RPT
file. Fix of multi-copy printing problem (still have error with no lines on second+
copies). Date criteria example quoted with #1/1/2000#.
- FileMenu/PrintGraphReports - Fix of problem with graph scale
- DisplayUnits - All date formats on new tab, for easy switch to m/d/yyy
- AutoColours - Use GraphMenu/Styles/Colours/AutoColour - 'Set default
colours' button added.
The following features and functions are still to be implemented in V 1.0.- All Done!!!!
- Gains Report - printed report of total delivered and effective rainfalls and
irrigations for each site (1.0.190)
- Readings Report - printed version of readings screen - all readings or
- Allocation Report - same as PR41 allocation report. Required amounts of water
that needs to be delivered in next 14 days; and also historical analysis of whole
- IrrigationImport - optional combine amounts if posting to same site (v 1.0.192)
The following problems and bugs have yet to be fixed.
- Graphs - 'double refresh' after leaving GraphMenu (see v 1.0.185, 1.0.189 )
- Graphs - buttons not being redrawn (intermittent) - seems to be associated
with low memory.
- Graphs - buttons left inactive(grey) [fix: re-plot using GraphMenu]
- Readings - errors after changing site definition using SiteMenu/Edit (fix is to
- Readings - 'overflow' if scrolling too fast using scroll bars.
- Graphs - Using 'GlobalScales' gives problem with time graph settings (no 'DATE')
- Readings/Graphs - Data or Graph settings not saved if switching between screens
- EditSeasonFiles - 'Error' when loading file if in date format mode
- Update - A readings update is not taking place automatically (see v 1.0.187)
- Sites/Scheduling - If water is below refill and 'use today'=false, Prwin predicts
an irigation date of 31/12/1899, instead of displaying 'Below Refill'.
- Sites - data duplicated on sites screen. The data on the readings screen is
correct, but on the Sites screen it appears on the correct site and the site below. (Fixed v1.0.200)
Send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following features have been requested for future versions.
- Crops - A crop will have many of the attributes of a site (eg Lower and
Upper formulas, historical crop water use file). A crop can be allocated to a site, and
the site will then 'inherit' all the features of the crop, which will save having to
re-enter formulas, etc.
- A Stage file, similar to dwu files, that will allow graphing of crop
- Graphs - print the 'fuel gauge' from the scheduling screen on a graph
- Graphs - saving to a file (WMF and JPG) and to clipboard
- Update - non-linear dwu to predict the next irrigation (correction depends on
soil water content relative to Full/Refill - Ksoil)
- Web support
- Irrigation scheduling and recommendations exportable as web pages.
- Graphs to be exportable to web (GIF or JPG)
- Entire zipped data files to be emailed as attachment
- TRACE file to be emailed as attachment for support
- GraphReports - additional graph reports to be separate GPT files. Reports to be
chained. (implemented 1.0.204)
- Post Irrigations - ability to post multiple irrigations at fixed time intervals
- PostRains - ability to post rainfalls from a weather file.
- PostIrrigations - ability to calculate mm delivered from site water meter reading
- Move Sites - ability to move sites between DATA.MDB files (will go in AccessJr) (implemented 1.0.218)
- Reports - Reports button on main seasons form
- Graphs - Upper, Lower, global graphs to plot lines untill the end of the season.
Send other requests or comments to email@example.com